Thursday, October 25, 2012

Poems by Moem, Hey That Rhymned



Leather Tramp's Lament



Awake in the morning with dew on my boots
Without a person in sight, a day fresh and new
Lace up my boots, another day on the trail
Pack on my back, another drifter without a care
My thumbs my companion, the road is my only friend
The traveling song on my lips can see me till the end
Cars pass me by, I can see the drivers' desperation
But it matters little to me, it's the trip, not the destination
I could walk all day, with my boots keeping the beat
To the song in my heart, taking in everything I see
Where will I sleep tonight, a field or a shack?
I don't really care, cause my home is on my back
This poem is trying to show and describe to people the life of a leather tramp, and what fun is ahead.This basically sums up the life of Christopher McCandless after 1990. He did and i think thought everything that this poem describes. He always hitch hiking and he really doesn't care much where he is going. Chris also doesn't cares too much of what happens around him because through this travel he always feel at home and accepted by himself.

Palm Trees Refrain

Yellowing palms set against
the clear blue sky.
Changing from nile green to chartreuse
as their ailments progress.

Is it the sickly air they breathe?
Is it an imported virus?
Is it polluted water?
Or, is it the insane weather pattern?

That is something
only the palms know.
But do they tell?
Never, for they are not physicians.


This is part of a poem called Palm Trees Refrain. This poem really talks about how Alex got lost in the river. It showed how the scenery was so beautiful at first and it became so dull. When Alex first started his adventure through the river into mexico he described everything he had seen so vividly. Afterwards, he became extreamly angry and scared while he was lost in mexico. He found himself alone in a polluted swamp type area which the poem describes. I know this poem was suppose to be about palm trees but i think it a great way to describe Alex's sights in the river.

0 comments:

Post a Comment